Thursday, September 26, 2013

The best 10 miles...

This past weekend our running group gathered for a 10 mile run at 6:30am on Saturday. What?! Yes, that's right we got up early on a Saturday morning to get in a long run. I know most people get in the long run on Sunday. We decided to change it up a bit! 

There were quite a few of us, as you can see in this photo: 


We ran a similar course that Erin and I ran a few weeks prior. It's a hilly course but really every course in Tallahassee is hilly! We left right at 6:30am from our usual starting point and made our way to our first turn. Erin and I had stated early on that we were just going to have an easy pace and enjoy the run. We always say this and somehow we end up running race day pace, trying to kill ourselves! Saturday was no different, for the first few miles we were under a 9:30 minute per mile. As the course twisted and turned through the Killearn Estates Neighborhood we slowed our pace down a bit. The hills in that neighborhood are unbelievable and we may have stopped to check out a house or two that were for sale. Needless to say we had a great run, we finished 10.5 miles in 1:47. 

After a quick shower, my family and I headed off to tailgate at Doak Campbell Stadium for the Bethune Cookman vs Florida State football game. My legs felt good after the run but I wanted to make sure I didn't over do it. In order to ensure proper recovery, I wore my compression sleeves to the tailgate. 

Yes, Yes I did! 

I'd say that Erin and I cleaned up pretty nicely for our tailgate fun! 

Ever have a day where you need a good run?? That was me on Saturday! I needed that good run. This was the last long run before I head off to Nashville, TN for the Women's Running Series Half Marathon. I needed a confidence boosting run to finish off the training and this run provided just that! 







No comments:

Post a Comment