Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We Pray for Boston


"So do not fear, for I am with you;

    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 

There's no escaping the tragic news out of Boston yesterday. The bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon touches everyone, runners and non-runners alike. We all stopped in our tracks at 3:00pm yesterday and watched as the story unfolded. A bombing at the finish line of a race, what?! The finish line is the best place of any race, no matter the length. It's a time of celebration and reuniting with family and friends. Yesterday brought about different emotions from that particular finish line. 

While none of my running buddies were in Boston for the race, we had several from our area that were running the marathon. Thankfully, all are accounted for and most are back in Tallahassee. I can't imagine how they must all feel this morning. For some the memory of their first Boston Marathon is forever tainted. For others that were fortunate enough to finish, they may have PR'd but are reluctant to celebrate their own accomplishment. 

The running communities that I am apart of are some of the most encouraging areas of my life. I know it's been said, let me say it again "Runners are strong, Runners UNITED are even stronger!" This person has upset the wrong group of people. We will not "run" from this with fear, instead we will unite and face it together... just like every other finish line. 

I have been asked about our upcoming trip the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta. This one of the largest road races with roughly 50,000 or more running the race. The finish line party in Piedmont Park is always packed with thousands of spectators, friends and family awaiting their runners. Am I going in July to Atlanta? YOU BET I AM! This will be my third trip to Atlanta to celebrate July 4th. It's an atmosphere that's hard to explain, people are just happy at the PRR. It's an atmosphere of everyone celebrating their freedom to be up at the crack dawn to run! Our Badass Fitness and Moms RUN This Town group members will unite on the streets of Atlanta and do what we do best. We will conquer the streets of Atlanta together! 

My continued prayers for the families effected by this tragedy! In honor of those families several of my fellow running buddies (and baseball moms) will meet this afternoon to get in a few miles. I encourage everyone to run or walk at least a mile today. If you physically can't then do something to honor those families. Many of us have on race shirts to show unity today, others have on Blue and Yellow. Today we all just pray! 

xoxoxo
Mitzi



#WePray4Boston #WeRun4Boston 




No comments:

Post a Comment