Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy 5K

Today was supposed to be a fun run with a few ladies from my local Moms Run This Town group. We were running for bling from the Happy 5K Virtual Race. A few people had to cancel due to schedule conflicts and the rest of us decided to skip it because it looked as though bad weather would be hitting about the time we planned to run. 

After telling my husband that I was disappointed about not being able to run, he encouraged me to put on my running clothes and run with him. Yes, the radar had one little red spot on it but it was a good hour away at best. I figured what the heck! I sent one of my friends a text that we were heading out for a run in hopes that if something happened she would come get us, ha! As they say "Safety First".

We took off on his normal training run route, it was humid with a slight breeze. We ran across a busy street into another neighborhood. We were about 1 mile into our run when it started to drizzle, then it started to pour! Scott asked what I wanted to do and I said "I want to run!". The rain kept coming so we decided to come back to our neighborhood just incase it got any worse. We laughed and encouraged each other along the way. We even ran a portion of our neighborhood which is straight uphill, urgh! It was a tough run but we did it! We were soaked and smiling! 

I love that my husband encourages me to step out of the box every now and then. Who knew that running a 5K in the rain could be such fun! If it had not been for him I would not have completed the Happy 5K. 

While I missed running with my usual partners in crime, it was nice to spend a little extra time with my husband! 

Just a little soaked!! 

Happy Running, 
Mitzi

P.S. - If I were to count all the 5K races from the past few weekends plus the Happy 5K, I would be at 10 toward my "13 in 2013" goal! #OHSNAP 


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Running in the rain can be fun, especially if you're doing it with someone you enjoy and enjoying the run for the sake of the run! It's so great to have someone who motivates you that you can run with. I'm very thankful for my boyfriend and my sister for that, too!

    ReplyDelete