Sunday, April 14, 2013

1/2 way through Round 2

This round of Whole 30 has been harder than I would like to admit. I've had some emotional ups and downs which turned into days of little sleep with little appetite. When I decided to complete Round 2 in April I had very trivial reasons:
     
I want to be in best shape ever for my one year anniversary on May 5, 2013.
I want 37 to be the strongest year ever spiritually, physically and mentally.
I want to drop the last few pounds that I missed on the first round. 
I want to be leaner and focus on a stronger core. 

Well today marks day #14 of Round 2. I feel as though I have once again failed to follow the program 100%. I don't mean this to be a negative. I have kept within the "rules" of the program much better than before, much much better. I am just saying I am not perfect :-) However, I have noticed small changes. I have cheek bones, I have shoulders, biceps, triceps, traps, etc.. I even have quads! I have gotten a little faster with my 5K time, finally breaking 30:00! 

I have noticed I have even more energy than before, this is scary to most around me. On the flip side, when I lay down at night I fall asleep. Granted this is not every night but most nights I crash when I hit the pillow. 

I want my friends and family to see that if you are confident in whatever you goals may be, trivial or not, they are attainable. All you need is faith, a little encouragement to reach that goal! 

I have been asked lately "Why are you doing all this extra?" or "I get tired just trying to keep up with you, how do you do it?". I am doing it to be healthy and strong not skinny! I have struggled with blood pressure issues, skin issues and female issues. I can say that with my workout routine and keeping close watch on my diet I don't have to take medicine for those aliments anymore. As a matter of fact, I don't deal with any of that hardly at all. 

I wasn't going to add photos to this post; however, I think sometimes we are motivated by the "success" pictures. Yes, Whole 30 has worked for us; even if you don't want to go to that extreme just commit to making small changes in your diet. Commit to getting in the gym or going for a run, commit to making your life more healthy! 


           
              January 19, 2013

                                                      
               Saturday, April 13th

Through faith and commitment nothing is impossible! Just get a plan and stick with it, don't give up! I leave you with a simple prayer...

"Run by my side; live in my heartbeat; give strength to my steps. As the cold surrounds, as the wind pushes me, I know you surround me. As the sun warms me, as the rain cleanses me, I know you are touching me, challenging me, loving me. And so I give you this run. Thank you for matching my stride" - Amen ( The Runner's Prayer) 

xoxoxo,
Mitzi 

No comments:

Post a Comment