Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Final Countdown…

As I mentioned yesterday I am heading up to Savannah, GA for the Rock N Roll Savannah Half Marathon this weekend. It seems like every time I turn around there's another person from Tallahassee mentioning they are going, too. It will make for an awesome time downtown Savannah I am certain!! 

I am a little nervous about this half marathon due to the lack of running lately. The issues from the last half marathon seemed to be getting better then I came down with a terrible energy zapping cold. I was "side-lined" for a little over a week from running. 
Luckily, I was able to push myself through a few bootcamps so that helped! Today, I had a goal of running a 10K as my last run before the half on Saturday. I turned around a tad early and finished 5.88 miles in 55:35. That's an average 9:28 pace, it felt great! I am reminded once again that when the body needs rest, you should allow for it. 

I have one more workout planned for the week, a "core only" version of Tabata Bootcamp in the morning. (core only - right, CEO? hehehe) Then it's time for a massage and packing! 

The packing is fun part! HA! I am very excited to find out today that my one of childhood best friends is in the same corral as me this weekend! Corral 14 doesn't know what has hit them with Dawn and I running together. 

I'm also excited that for the first time my hubby will be at the finish line of a half marathon to meet me! Often the road trips are only the Badass Babes and other girlfriends, this will be great for him to be there enjoying the excitement with me.  

Have you ever run the RnR Savannah? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience at this race? 
For now I will leave you with this little gem:

No comments:

Post a Comment