Monday, November 4, 2013

Accomplishment

Whew, life has been crazy lately! Fall weather is upon us so is the annual fall cold season. I have been hit pretty hard this year and it has effected my training, eek. Due to being sick I haven't been able to run, double eek!  Tomorrow I will attempt to run 6 miles with our MRTT group then pray that I can pull off a decent pace on Saturday at the Rock n Roll Savannah, triple eek! 

My poor hubby has fallen ill this week, too. His favorite football team was beaten by my favorite team this past Saturday then he woke up very sick on Sunday. Please send good vibes that we kick this sickness before we head out to enjoy a long awaited getaway! 

I saw this picture on Facebook earlier today. The national Run for God group is participating in 30 days of giving thanks. This one really hit home for me today: 


This morning I was able to watch two friends take the next steps in achieving their life goals! It just so happens these two friends and their steps are connected. Shannon of Badass Fitness is moving into a new space in a few weeks. As she is preparing for the growth of her Badass Army, she is adding new instructors. One of those new instructors is one of my best friends Allison of Soul2Sole. Allison and I have been on this fitness journey together for about 2 years. Neither of us would have guessed that the journey would lead to being an instructor. She took part in a recent certification and today taught her first Tabata Bootcamp! It was a blessing to be able to attend her class and I am definitely feeling the after effects of her awesome teaching. Holy Soreness! As she says "We kicked Monday in the face!" 

 Proud of my girl! 

After the class, Shannon headed over to the new studio to meet the painters. The studio needs a little construction and this is just the next step toward the grand opening. Hearing her excitement over meeting the painters and getting things started was such a blessing this morning.

 Our CEO in the space before construction!

The best part of all this excitement is these two ladies are giving the glory of their accomplishment to God. They are the perfect example of the above verse - 1 Corinthians 10:31. They are both taking a path towards helping others not only physically but mentally as well. We all know the saying "good people bring out the good in you", my two friends are doing this daily! 

I have spent the better part of the day asking myself if I am bringing out the good in people? I can only hope that I am! I have a few end of the year goals that I am hoping to accomplish before December 31st. The verse says "whatever you do..", I will do it all for the glory of God. I am thankful for everything that is happening in the lives of my family and many of our close friends. We are closing out 2013 with a bang, even more so than we ever expected! God is Good!
 
Be on the lookout for more blog updates. I will let you know how that last training run and taper week goes before we head out on Thursday. Of course, I will share a review on the RnR Savannah! 

-Mitzi








No comments:

Post a Comment